Thursday, October 2, 2008

Register to Vote!

Tweet This
Tonight I am going political with my blog. Don't worry I won't tell everyone who to vote for (Go Obama '08), this is more of a reminder for everyone to vote. I know it is a bit early for that reminder, but in order to be eligible to vote, a person must be registered to vote first. Voter registration must be postmarked by October 20th, 2008 in California. All other states vary from 15 to 30 days prior to Election Day, Tuesday November 4th.

Please don't use the excuse of, "I don't want to get jury duty, therefore, I can't register to vote." I will remind people that California jurors are selected from voter registration records and the Department of Motor Vehicles records. So unless you are going to give up your driver's license, there really are no excuses.

Also, a change of address, a change of name , or a change of political party affiliation all require a voter to re-register to vote. Someday, maybe everyone can be registered to vote automatically through a driver's license. Wouldn't that be easy?!

Did I hear someone say, " but it's against my religion." All I can say to that is it is time for a new religion.

Now onto funnier horizons. Or maybe just scarier horizons. Sometimes people laugh when they are scared. Here is a the second video installment of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin from the latest Saturday Night Live.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter