Monday, October 6, 2008

I Have a Bad Feeling

Tweet This
Last night, all four of us were riding our bikes home in the dark. We had just gotten a bike seat for Gio, thanks to a hot tip from one of my parenting/surfing pals. It was our first family biking outing. We were all happy, once we convinced Gio, "the bike seat is totally safe. You aren't going to fall."

"Okay," he says agreeing to go along with us.

We were a few blocks from home when Vinny said, "I have a bad feeling."

Being a little uncomfortable riding home in the dark with my kids I lied and said, "everything is fine. We'll be home in minutes."

No sooner did I say that when we heard the loudest shrieking noise in the trees above our heads.

"What is that!?" screams Vinny

At this point in my head I am thinking, "great we are about to get attacked by vampire bats. Oh well, at least we are wearing helmets. Or maybe the Ringwraiths from, "Lord of the Rings," are upon us." Of course, I didn't say this out loud that would be mean.

Fortunately, my husband was waiting with Gio across the street. "Those are just raccoons fighting in the tree," he says to every one's relief.

"Whew, so we aren't going to get attacked after all. Not by vampire bats nor Ringwraiths," I think to myself.

"I knew I had a bad feeling," says Vinny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are "Ringwraiths?"

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Ringwraiths are the evil lord's henchmench that fly in the air on horses attempting to get the Ring from Frodo. They make a horrific racoon like sound.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter