Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pipeline and Kelly Slater Save the Day!

Tweet This

I didn't get to surf yesterday. Gio's school officially let out for winter break on Wednesday. When I checked to see if the Pipeline Masters was a go, I saw the words, "Pipe Masters is On!"


"Yippee, yay," I said as I did back flips and somersaults in my mind.

"Mommy, are you okay?" asks Gio.

Sorry, Mommy can be a little scary when she is excited about surfing.

My friend had texted me earlier that morning saying there were waves so I was a little bummed to be missing out on some fun surf.

"It was fun, but not epic," she said trying to make me feel better.

And I felt worse knowing the weekend forecast was bleak with winds expected out of the northwest in the 10-20 knot range. Although, as I'm writing this Friday evening, there is a plan for an early dawn patrol session today.

"I'll check the waves at 7," my friend says.

"I might beat you there," I say knowing full well I'm not leaving the warmth of my house to find stormy seas. No, I'm gonna wait for the surf report, even though I have a brand new, never been peed in, 5-4 Oneill Mod wetsuit. This helps when the water temps are 50 and the air is in the 40s.

"Yeah, right," she says sarcastically knowing me too well.

So in replacement of actually surfing, Gio and I sat in front of the computer screen, watching two or three of Kelly Slater's winning heats. Reading books in between sets and rides, and microblogging the contest on Twitter.

wendysurf: Slater gets a massive Pipe barrel, and then a sick pit at backdoor. Deeep! Crazy!!! about 3 hours ago from web


wendysurf: Slater magic, 19 points in less than 3 minutes. That's why he's the 9 time world champ. He's no slouch. Timmy had priority on both waves. about 3 hours ago from web


It's amazing with the advent of live webcasts, to be able to watch a surfing contest as it's happening. Live! In the old days, I used to read about contest's results two months after the fact. Yes, live is a wee bit better, and all the more exciting to blog about.

Slater went on to win his 6th Pipe Masters yesterday. I love watching my favorite surfer, surfing the most exciting wave on the planet. And it definitely makes up for a day of no surf for me.

1 comment:

Benny said...

You heard right, we're you start with replica watches sale simply to find the really fundamentals in position as well as much better know how both of these businesses tend to be associated. Set up within 1905 through rolex replica had been formally authorized through Wilsdorf upon This summer two, 1908. The organization after that rolex replica in order to Geneva within 1919 as well as had been authorized presently there because Montres Rolex Utes. The. within 1920. Tudor, however, had been authorized within 1926 through the home associated with rolex replica " the watchmaker watching seller Wilsdorf obtained the actual unique utilization privileges in order to rolex replica sale out of this seller. Tudor had been away to some sluggish begin, although. Within 1932, these people began providing replica watches uk in order to Sydney of locations as well as marketplaces however it had been just upon Oct 15, 1936, how the home associated with "Veuve de Philippe Hüther" moved the actual manufacturer The actual Tudor in order to Hans Wilsdorf. It had been additionally at the moment how the flower from the Tudor empire made an appearance about the knobs.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter