Monday, December 22, 2008

Shane Mercado Can Dance!

Tweet This
I found this video of Shane Mercado, dancer extraordinaire, on urlesque.com. The video parody of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" won Urlies 2008 Best Dancer award. His outfit cracks me up every time I watch it.


How smart is a guy who can learn the choreography of a dance from watching it on video? Brilliant!

Not only did he out dance BeeeYonCeee, but he started a wave of YouTube videos imitating him and/or Beyonce. Shane, you are such an inspiring trend setter.

I love it!

He said it took him a couple of days to learn the dance. I LOVE! YouTube. Where else can a creative, talented, funny person put his stuff out for all the world to see and appreciate? Tell me, please. I will go there, right now.




Shane and Beyonce Split Screen.


Shane appeared on the Bonnie Hunt Show with the Single Ladies video green screened behind him. His segment from the show went viral, now has several million hits, and Shane was invited back to perform in front of a 70s green screen.

I was so excited when I saw Shane out dancing John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever to the tune of, "You Should Be Dancing," I couldn't wait to show my Mom.

"I think he might be better than John Travolta," my Mom said. And let's face it, Shane is having so much more FUN! than Mr. Macho Can't Deal With His Feelings Tony Manero, John Travolta's character in SNF.

When I was a kid, family and friends used to come to our house to practice their disco dancing because we had a large open area. I can still see them in mind's eye, even now.



Beyonce gives props to Shane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! LOL haha that is hillarious... don't you just love how his shirt DOESN'T cover his nipples??? LOL Entertaining, and heck yea he's a good dancer... but it doesn't seem like "men" are supposed to be able to move like that.

Anonymous said...

Hey read my email to you about marley and me......
I don't have sound but love the guy dancing and hey how come I'm not listed as a blog follower
:^)
ms. anonomus.....hey ask the brainy one how to spell it :^)

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter