Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Sugarland Release "Love"

Tweet This


Sugarland released its third video, "Love," from their latest album, "Love on the Inside." If you want to watch the new video release, click here, as they wouldn't let me embed it on the blog.

All I have to say about that is this proves that God listens to other music besides country. Or, perhaps, after watching Kid Rock who is now Kid Country, and seeing the reggae band, the Wailers, backing up Kenny Chesney on the CMAs, maybe country isn't as country as it used to be.

When I was tivo-ing through the 2008 CMAs, I was surprised Sugarland sang, "Love." The U2esque "Love," which dives into the many facets of love, doesn't sound very country. My country friend told me, "they are probably going to release that song next." Lo and behold they did.

I believe this is their first attempt to crossover from the country market into other genres. Yay! Although I will listen to them in whatever genre they pick to sell records in.

I love their songwriting and the emotional depths to which they sing their songs. When I listen to Sugarland's new album, it isn't just an auditory experience, but rather an emotional journey through life. And the twang doesn't bother me one bit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a huge fan of the twang, but I sure love Jennifer.

Is there anyone else in the band besides her?

Anonymous said...

Divalicious!

Anonymous said...

not bad for country!

Pamala Oslie said...

Thanks Wendy for always sharing cool videos like this with me. I wouldn't know about them otherwise. I love listening to others' creations! We are such creative and amazing beings, aren't we?

Surfing smiles to you (cuz it's way too cold to actually go surfing these days, right?) Love, Pam

Well at least we aren't in South Dakota!! A friend just told me it's 38 below zero (with the wind chill.) That's way too cold for little California girl - me.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're right. Maybe this was released with a cross-over goal in mind. I love the whole album, but this would not have been my choice for the next single. Again, I like this song. I just like other songs on the album more.

Anonymous said...

Replying to the comment you left at http://criscohen.typepad.com/syncopation/2008/12/sugarland-come-on-get-higher.html:

First, I am envious that you've seen Sugarland live. I have not been as fortunate. And I'm impressed you were able to capture the entire set list in your blog. Did you have a notepad with you at the show or did you just write on your husband? "Quit whining and stick out your arm."

And I would be very curious to hear their version of "Nightswimming".

Second, as far as songs off their new album I would like to see as singles, I would vote for:
> It Happens - Fun and appropriate for the current economy
> Genevieve - Love the harmonies
> Come On Get Higher - (See blog entry)

One last thing. Please fix the puppy cam on your blog. The screen blocks some of the text and, well, I would like to read it.

Unknown said...

ralph lauren shirts
nba jerseys
oakley sunglasses
timberland boots
longchamp outlet
ralph lauren polo
ferragamo outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg boots sale
police sunglasses
mulberry handbags
ugg clearance
ferragamo shoes
nike mercurial
michael kors outlet online
ugg outlet
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
nike air force 1
true religion jeans
cheap oakley sunglasses
instyler
mlb jerseys
michael kors outlet online
michael kors wallet
giuseppe zanotti shoes
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
tory burch sandals
michael kors bags
adidas outlet
michael kors handbags
canada goose jackets
prada sunglasses
puma outlet
czq20160808

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter