Saturday, December 20, 2008

Common Thread Sugarland Amos Lee Emily Saliers

Tweet This
My BFF (best friend forever), in an alternate universe that I may only ever visit in my dreams, has started a concert fundraising series. Yes, Miss Jennifer Nettles has created, "Common Thread," an acoustic fundraising, multi musical genre concert series, where proceeds are donated to the charity of the participating artists' choice.

There are three levels of ticket options. The highest includes a reception where guests get to mingle with the musicians. Wow! Yes, it would be a dream to get to mingle with one of my favorite planetary heroine's, as well as good practice for the day when I will interview Ms. Nettles. The day after I become a famous blogger.

Until then I am satisfied with watching some of the videos Common Thread concert goers have posted to YouTube. Thank Goddess for YouTube!

The first concert installment of Common Thread includes Jennifer Nettles, Christian Bush, both of Sugarland, Emily Saliers of the Indigo Girls and Amos Lee, of, um I don't know who he is. Hold, please. Okay, I think he's famous for being Amos Lee and known for this song, "Colors," which was featured on Grey's Anatomy second season finale.

Did someone just say? "Oh My Gosh, I love that song!"

Anyways, here are some of my favorite YouTube postings of the inaugural Common Thread.


Sugarland and Amos Lee "Seen It All Before"


Sugarland, Emily Saliers, Amos Lee "People Get Ready"


Sugarland and Emily Saliers perform "Closer To Fine"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter