Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vinny the Blogger

Tweet This

Sometimes parents' habits wear off on their children, unintentionally.

"Mommy I need to make my own blog," says Vinny.

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure whether to be proud or worried. I should probably be a little bit of both. I started to envision my little guy's blog being read by 1000s of people we dont know and that definitely worried me. I guess I should have gone to Vinny's school to take the Internet Safety class.

On the other hand he is an advanced reader and as a result a pretty good little writer. When he reads my blog, the ones that are appropriate for his eyes, he always has some editing input.

"Mommy you forgot to put a comma here and here, and you misspelled this word and that word."

The first time he did this I was having an, "uh oh I could only hope to be as smart as a second grader," moment. But I went to self esteem therapy and now I'm okay with my intellectual inferiority. The human race just keeps on improving.

One of the rules about writing a blog I believe I follow, is when I write about someone, then they should be happy to read about themselves. They shouldn't feel ostracized or picked on, I hope Vinny also follows that rule. Especially when it comes to his parents because we really are doing the best we can and we are so sorry if that isn't good enough.

After his Daddy helped him set up his blog he wrote his first blog tittled "Gio Soaked."

As soon as it was published I went to his blog page to read his very first blog post. I left him a very Mommy comment then started following his blog.

Thursday, December 11, 2008
Soaking Gio
ONE TIME WHEN MY DAD SENT ME AND GIO OUTSIDE, GIO STARTED TO MAKE MUD. THEN GIO PUT DIRT IN OUR DOG'S WATER. THEN I RINSED IT OUT AND SQUIRTED GIO. He started putting more mud and dirt in it. So I had to re-rinse it. And I squirted him again. But still he put more dirt! After a while Gio was soaked. And when my dad saw Gio, he gave me an extra 30 minutes outside. I don't really care about that I told my dad. It was really worth it.

So, if your little brother annoys you, a great way to take care of the problem is to squirt him!
Posted by Life and Times of Vinny at 6:38 PM
2 comments:
wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...
Ahem, it seems as if all the squirting didn't deter your little brother from his annoying task.

December 11, 2008 7:00 PM
Briar's Person said...
can I pay you to come squirt my brothers?

December 12, 2008 11:39 AM



About an hour after he posted his first blog he said, "I have another blog idea," and he says I'm addicted to blogging. Too bad it was his bed time.

Right before he was off to bed he said I need to check something on my blog, so I quickly let him do that.

"No new followers," he said disappointed. Then he asked me, "how many followers do you have Mommy?"

"Seven, I think," I answered thinking I'm not even going to tell him about web site hit counters. If he has a hit counter on his site he'll be checking for new hits every 5 minutes.

I know, because when I first installed a hit counter on my website I used to check it for hits every five minutes.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Haha! What a cute story! :) It's wonderful he has such an interest in writing as such a young age! You're a great mom for letting him go for it! :)

Jess Kiley said...

What a great opportunity to develop his writing skills. We are taught to write to an audience in school, yet the concept remains foreign when the only audience that ever shows up is your teacher.

I'd be happy to become a follower in the name of education.

Anonymous said...

Ya man, whens his next post. Tell him he needs to start blogging regularly or i'll stop visiting.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter