Sunday, January 11, 2009

"The Bon Jovi Chant"

Tweet This


For Christmas the boys got me the self titled Amos Lee CD. At first, I only liked a few songs on the album. But then after a few more listens I started to fall in love with all the songs.

And any music that can keep me from listening to Sugarland aka Jennifer Nettles is worth listening to over and over and over.

Even as I'm writing this blog, listening to something Not Sugarland, my oldest son asks, "Aren't you still into Sugarland?"

The video above for the song "Black River," is definitely one of my favorite tracks on Amos Lee's album because of its healing, meditative qualities.

I can actually feel my troubles washing away as I listen to this song. I recently came across an article on a yoga teacher who uses "The Bon Jovi Chant" in her classes.


Well, I thought to myself, if Bon Jovi works in meditation for Yoga class then "Black River" works for me and maybe others. Although, I'm sure many women meditate to Jon Bon Jovi, and I'm not talking about Yoga class. But for the record, Jon, I still think Jenny has better hair than you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL weird!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter