Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Zero 7 Gets My Groove On

Tweet This
My friend recently recommended a band called "Zero 7" to me. She recommended Zero 7 specifically for getting "my groove on."

I thought I would do a test run so I listened to it in my car. In the morning, when I'm definitely trying to get into the groove of the day.

Typically, I like my music upbeat and positive in the A.M. Think "amp." Zero 7 is all about "chill, baby, chill." I was having a hard time staying awake, while listening to it.

"It's not doin' it for me," I texted my friend.

"You're thinking too much," she texts back. "You need to feel more."

When I get my groove on I do need to feel chill, but it has to be combined with excitement, as well. Relaxed excitement. The scientific term for that is probably, something like, AROUSAL.

Anyways, I give Zero 7 at least seven points for it's high relaxation factor and swallowability in an elevator, while on phone hold, or at some sort of medical office.

I have been listening to Zero 7's "Simple Things" in my car for several days now and it's growing on me, especially when the wiring in my nervous system is firing off like big city fireworks.

Enter my husband, the music snob. And, yes, for the record, I simply adore him, but he's a total music snob.

"What is this elevator music we're listening to?" asks Stefan as we we're driving down the road of life.

"Zero 7," I answer. "I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. It's supposed to be good for getting our groove on."

"Oh, yeah!" he says. "I get it, now."

The song we were listening to at that moment was an instrumental. He was so inspired he added some lyrics because he's such a "Smooth Operator," and he thought Zero 7 must have been, at least slightly, influenced by Sade, does not rhyme with Jade.

Yes, Bee, it's another 80s chart topper!
As I've said before, I think in song.


Back to the elevator, now. Here are the lyrics he came up with for this song. Second, third and fourth verses, same as the first, in case anyone wants to sing along. Oh and elevator is a metaphor for, oh never mind, Internet you'll figure it out.

When I feel that music I feel, el---e----va----tor

Turn up the music, we won't disturb the neighbor because it'll just sound like an
El---e----va----tor


El---e----va----tor

El---e----va----tor


El---e----va----tor and the doctor's office too.

I walk down the grocery store aisle and all I can think about is you.

El---e----va----tor at the dentist, too.



Zero 7 and the Elevator Song.

Oh, and did I mention, why I simply adore him? No? Well, then here it is. He has a huge....................sense of humor. What did you think I was gonna say? Yeah, I thought so. Don't worry I won't go crying to the newspapers, are they still here?, that the Internet was a bad influence on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love sade. :) reminds me of great yosemite trips in the spring time. :) i knew that cd would get your groove on. :)

Anonymous said...

love me the zero 7!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter