Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Breathe by Faith Hill with Carlos Santana

Tweet This
Happy Wednesday y'all. Well, the school year is in full swing. The kids are back in school. My husband's back at work. I'm back to my full work schedule, part part time. The blogs still need to be written. Game on, baby!

There's a lot of business to keep track. All the school related events and meetings, not to mention making sure everyone has clean clothes. Then there's the business of making sure there's enough food in the house for dinner and lunches.

Sometimes, I find anxiety creeping up my spine into my mind. When I get that overwhelmed feeling, I breathe.

Breathe in 1, 2, 3, 4...........

Hold 1, 2................

Breathe out 1, 2, 3, 4...................

I repeat for 5 minutes. Breathing gets me in the moment and in my body. Plus, when I'm in the moment, everything and anything I need to know is right there at my fingertips. Calm and presence melt away the worry and stress in my mind.

The nice thing is, I can do this anywhere, and it's free. Plus, it saves me a lot of money on anti-anxiety pills, and visits to the psychotherapist. Though there are times I need to talk. That's when I call my heavy duty lay it on the line, no holds barred therapist friend. She gives me the the hardcore truth, which is scary, but clears the air so much faster. I'm brave like that.

Anyways, this song might be a love song of sorts. But "Breathe," reminds me to, well, breathe. When I hear this song, I imagine the relationship is between me and my higher self, not some other person. Any song can be a spiritual song when interpreted this way.

Plus, Carlos Santana has got serious cool up in him, and Faith Hill is hot. Collaboration is one of my favorite topics, and they do it well. The song takes a minute to start. I've already listened to it 10 times. Breathing.................




5 comments:

Sara said...

Is there anyone cooler than Santana? (I like the song with Rob Thomas, too, yeah, baby!)

nana/moma said...

How many times I had to tell my self to 'just breath when' I was raising you. You were so precocious.
Faith Hill is giong to be at the AARP Convention
Bruce Springsteen is featured in the current issue of AARP mag. Very inspirational. I want a big poster of him on page 35. Lordy

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Sara there is that other song he collaborated on with.............gonna save it and post it. Very sexy. Rob Thomas was great too, but he's got a lotta whine up in him.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Mom could you ask the Boss and Faith if I could do a phone interview for the blog. That would be great. Too bad I wasn't blogging when you met the Great One! You're too funny, but I'm not kidding here.

Sara said...

Oh yeah, there is that other collaboration song with that guy with the REALLY sexy voice. I almost forgot. Can't wait for that post because I can't think of the song or the artist--mommy brain!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter