Friday, August 14, 2009

Concours d'Elegance

Tweet This
sidewalk
Note: art by http://dontyouloveitwhen.com/My new web comic. Check it out, but it's gets raunchy, in an ewwww! kind of way at times. Consider yourself warned. Thanks!

I love it when I'm driving and there isn't any traffic. In fact, I prefer to have a 100 foot radius of free space around me when traveling by car. Obviously, with the Concours d'Elegance in town, as well as, all the other car shows and/or auctions, meeting my free space requirement isn't always possible.

As, my friend stated, "it takes an hour to go 10 miles."

Even though no one enjoys the traffic, this influx of visitors is great for the economy. Which is what I keep telling myself every time I get stuck in traffic.

All I can say is when people go on vacation, they leave their driving skills at home, myself included. But my husband usually drives when were on vacation, so it isn't an issue.

And if the traffic isn't bad enough, there are even more people than usual, walking their dog, and/or running, in the middle of the road, along Scenic Road in lovely Carmel. Right next to the beautiful, wide, walking/running path, that goes along the beach.

I can see see the tourists doing this, because they are on vacation from their brain (yes I'm also guilty of this), but the locals who walk and run in the middle of the road all year long, what's their excuse? Oh, right, they're on a permanent vacation.

5 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Oh I know, and by the way my dog doesn't like your dog! Oops I didn't mean to go there, but just because your dog likes mine,doesn't mean it's mutual peeps

Unknown said...

Thanks for the visual of lovely Carmel By the Sea. You are dead on! I miss it so much!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah she's a great artist isn't she. so funny! Anytime!come back!

Stefan said...

Permacation... hehe.

Driving Mantra for Mantrarey:

"It's good for the local economy." "It's good for the local economy." "It's good for the local economy." "It's good for the local economy." "It's good for the local economy."

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter