Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Official Summer Is Over

Tweet This
Today, after a short summer off, my husband has gone back to work. I'm having severe husband withdrawals. This happens every year when summer ends. Even though I know it's coming, it doesn't make the feelings less intense.

I wake up feeling anxious, like part of me, is missing............

I haven't missed making lunches, laying out clean clothes for the next school day, the driving here, there and everywhere.

Stefan is ready to get back to work, though. Thank goodness. One of us has to have a real job.

Gio starts school on Tuesday. Everyday, he asks, "do I have school today?"

My response is always the same, "no school today," until Tuesday that is. He's ready.

Vinny starts school last, on Wednesday, which means he can stay up late reading, for one more night.

"I'm sad summer is ending, but I'm also happy to see my friends," says Vinny.

I guess Vinny's ready, too.

Oh well, I'm the only one not ready for summer to end. I'm sure I'll adjust, I always do. I won't miss waking up at 4 am to go surfing, not for a while anyways. Besides, there's always the weekend for that non sense.

1 comment:

pikaki said...

poo no more dawn patrol sesh

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter