Monday, August 24, 2009

Life Amongst Swashbucklers

Tweet This

The Three Musketeers!

"Honey, how many foam swords should I get?" asks Stefan.

"Four, yes, four," I say hesitantly. "I want to sword fight, en garde."

When Stefan came back with the swords, the fighting began. It took me all of one minute to know sword fighting isn't for me.

And I was dueling with Gio, the smallest of the swashbucklers, in our home. He may be small, but he's fierce. Quite, honestly, I didn't stand a chance against him and his propeller like sword.

Foam swords sound like a great idea, right? Wrong. Very, very wrong. But how would I know, I'm a girl, I've never played swords before. Normally, I like playing with boys, but not when it comes to contact sports. No, no, no, no.

I think the whole sword fighting thing is actually symbolic of anatomical equipment I don't have. How could I ever hope to relate? There are some things a girl just can't get from the store. Er, wait. Never mind.

4 comments:

EndofTired said...

you just need practice. missing the anatomical parts hasn't stopped me! love taking down the man with a few choice whacks to the knees.

nana/moma said...

The image of the keys, yesterday, was magical. I found my missing sets today. how nice to just click and the door is opened or locked.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I don't like people in my space hitting me.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Mom YAy! Remotes are so nice and they work much better when there in your hand instead of another land. ;-)

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter