Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sugarland Live On The Inside On Sale Today

Tweet This
I'm having Sugar withdrawals. Sugarland withdrawals that is. The Sugarland television concert last night only made my cravings worse. I believe that was the marketers' intention.

Fortunately, my withdrawals seem to have arrived just in time for the release of Sugarland's new 2 disc CD/DVD combo set of "Live On The Inside," today!!!!!!

Though I must say showing the concert on TV, followed by an immediate CD/DVD release the next day, makes me want to vomit just a little bit. Marketing can be so nauseating, most of the time.

The live disc set will be sold exclusively at Walmart for $12 bucks. More marketing induced nausea.

Inlcuded on the DVD are 16 live concert performances filmed last fall from their Love On The Inside tour. The DVD consists mainly of Sugarland's mega hits from, "Stay," to "Baby Girl," but there are a few REM covers on the DVD.

Over half the tracks on the 10 track CD, are cover songs of bands Sugarland loves to cover, including Kings of Leon, REM and Beyonce.

Wow, maybe they should've been a cover band. Actually, I love all their cover songs, especially Tom Petty's "American Girl" and Def Leopard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me." Unfortunately, neither of those cover songs made the CD.





I can't help but wonder with this wide range of musical genre cover songs, could Sugarland be breaking out of the contemporary country genre into a more alternative one? I listened to some of the sample tracks on the CD, and I thought I heard less twang in Jennifer Nettles' voice. But maybe it's just my imagination, or wishful thinking on my part, or some combination of both.

I would love to get my hands on the UK version of Love On The Inside, which filtered out Jennifer Nettles twang, to suit the Brits' musical tastes. But I will take Nettles' voice with or without twang.

I'm off to buy the new Sugarland CD/DVD combo. And it has nothing to do with the marketing, I think..........for myself..............I hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hips and lips, who knew I liked country?

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Exactly!

iphone 6 plus protective cases said...

Police advise riders not to use their phone near train doors and on escalators and always be aware of their surroundings. They also recommend activating the iPhone’s tracking feature so Metro Transit Police can attempt to track it down if it’s stolen.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter