Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nibbles

Tweet This


Gio and I were driving down the road, the other day. As usual he was in the back, reading. This particular day he was reading a Superman Comic. At this point in his life, he prefers books, with lots of pictures. I was the same way, at that age.

"Mommy, this big, blue guy fighting Superman, has nipples!" exclaims Gio.

Um...........nipples?" I ask.

"Yeah, nibbles, isn't that funny?"

And yet I had arrived at another one of those parenting grey areas. Do I let him go on incorrectly switching between nipples and nibbles? Or do I correct him?

"It's N-I-P-P-L-E-S with a Pee," I say.

No grey areola there.

Despite my clarification, he randomly switched back and forth between nipple and nibble, the entire way home.

But I guess when you spend the first six months of your life getting food from a boob, it's easy to call nipples, nibbles.

And somehow he never noticed Superman's nipples. I guess they are smaller than Golem's nibbles. But, please, don't tell Superman I said that.

"

4 comments:

Dad said...

"I call him a boob guy." Quote from Gio. "Gio! You can't say that," Dad says.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah you weren't supposed to let him read it.

Anonymous said...

Boobs

Anonymous said...

nibbles & nipples

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter