Wednesday, August 5, 2009

American Idol

Tweet This
Last night I was on Twitter, tweeting, and I saw Paula Abdul and American Idol trending.

"What, did American Idol die?" I wonder to myself.

I click on the popular topic, American Idol, and read that Paula Abdul has tweeted she is leaving American Idol.



Around 7ish pm last night @PaulaAbdul tweeted, "With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to #IDOL. I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all..Cont'd...about 10 hours ago from web

I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent,but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon.



Of course I had to tweet about that, even though I've only watched two seasons of American Idol.


personally I'm going to miss Paula Abdul's dancing on American Idol. She's got the moves and was always into the music for music's sake
about 8 hours ago from mobile web

glad Paula Abdul tweeted the news of her leaving American Idol. That's how celebrities could all use twitter. It's called being real
about 8 hours ago from mobile web




Straight up, Paula Abdul is my favorite American Idol judge. She always stood up to the archetypal show bully, Simon Cowell, and he seemed to adore her for it.



Paula could frequently be seen dancing, in the background, during contestants' performances.

Her criticism was usually on the mark. When someone didn't perform well she found a nice way to say it. Honesty spoken with love, we all want some of that, when our performance leaves room for improvement.

At times, Abdul seemed a bit flighty, but perhaps, she was only intoxicated by inspiration, as a result of watching Idol contestants perform. She seemed to enjoy her job. And she was herself. And did I mention how much I love her dancing on the show?


Hey she isn't perfect, but who is?

Apparently, in an interview with the Los Angeles Times, on July 17, 2009 Abdul's manager said the Idol judge was having issues renewing her contract with Idol producers.

Maybe there were a few cold hearted snakes on the production side.

Then just under three weeks later, Abdul tweeted the announcement herself on Twitter, she wouldn't be returning to the show. Now I love Paula even more! Why? She spoke the truth via twitter, herself, directly to her fans.

That's how twitter should be used by celebrities!

Celebrities who have ghost writers tweeting for them, is fine, but oh so boring. "Zzzzzzzzzz."

The dynamic, inspiring, persona of the celebrity is what attracts trillions of followers on twitter. Otherwise, it's just a public relations snooze fest.

In fact, anyone who has hundreds of thousands of followers, has them, because they are being herself. So please, Internet, follow me on Twitter.


5 comments:

Sara said...

If I ever decide to Tweet, I will definitely be your loyal follower.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Aw thanks!

Sean Hathaway said...

i can hardly believe Paula is leaving the show; it had to be about the money

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Sean that's exactly what I was thinking!

Unknown said...

I too will miss the dancing, word slurring Paula. She was good TV!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter