Monday, November 17, 2008

Repeal Prop 8 Rally

Tweet This


I was on Facebook, hanging out with my friends, when I found these pictures posted by someone who goes way back to my high school days. She was Gen We, when Gen We was still in Kindergarten. She always was way a head of her time.

Anyways, her and her husband took their dog to a Repeal Prop 8 Rally in Los Angeles recently. While, my parenting, surfing, and biking hobbies tend to get in the way of my Rally attendance, I almost felt like I was there looking at her pictures.

The rallies across the nation for equal rights for gays are flashbacks to the sixties and the days of civil rights marches. Wow. Here we go again watching herstory happen. The only thing I can think of that would be more exciting is Prop 8 being repealed. Or better yet how about Prop 8 never passing to begin with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, those signs are funny. sad, but true. it really shows how f***d up the world is. in many cases, animals are treated better than people. i ain't voting, cause i really dont care (its other peoples lives, but if you wanna know, my personal belief is if God wanted two men and two women to be together, they'd be able to propegate without the opposite sex, but whatever). People are gonna do whatever the hell they wanna do. if it passes again, how much longer are they gonna protest? i say, give them the same tax benefits, call it a "gamarriage" (so it's not "marriage"), and move on to more serious problems. it's like dang, no wonder the economy is doing so bad, everyones protesting, no ones workin!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I think the protest were on the weekend.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA you know thats not my point. can't you just let me spew in peace?

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

For many people same sex marriage goes against their religious beliefs. Okay. Other people's religious beliefs should not impose on people's civil rights. Remember that little ole saying, "separation of church and state."

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

And the man having the baby sounds like a terrible idea.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter