Saturday, November 15, 2008

Don't Talk to Strangers

Tweet This

"Today the teacher read a funny book," says Gio.

"Really, what was it about?" I ask.

"It was about strangers," he answers.

"What about strangers, honey?" I ask remembering just 4 weeks or so ago the "stranger alert" emails and phone calls I got from Vinny's school. Apparently, a stranger tried to lure a child into his car to "help him with his dog," in very close proximity to Vinny's school.

"No one talks to strangers. And sometimes strangers 'say get in my car'. But I say, 'no and run away'," he says yelling.

"Really?" I say. "Wow."

"Yes, and when the stranger talks to Mommy, Daddy and Vinny he goes to jail."

"Oh," I say.

And then to drive the point home we watched this video, which I personally feel illustrates all the points of the book. Gio even learned all the words, which I surprisingly remembered after all these years. Youtube makes parenting so much easier. I don't know what I'd do without it?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a freaky video!

Anonymous said...

That is EXACTLY what I was gonna say.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

It's supposed to be freaky. It's about strangers.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter