Thursday, March 12, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Lucky 13

Tweet This
Now that American Idol is down to its 13, make that 11, finalists, I'm making the commitment to watch it faithfully or at least tivo-ly. I can watch a two hour episode in practically an hour with the help of my rectangular friend, Tivo.

When it comes to patience I don't have much. Especially with TV. Yes, the Internet has spoiled me. Everything is available now. Whatever I want.

The Now Internet phenomenon is making me more impatient. But fortunately, I have kids, and a husband, and a job, and surfing and my bike which help me unplug from the matrix, so I can have a real life.

"Phew!"

Back to American Idol. I think at least eight or nine of the performers are really good this season. Maybe the other four or five just had a bad night, I don't know since I just started watching it. I've only watched the previous American Idol season, so I'm a bit of a newbie.

I wasn't surprised Jasmine and Jorge got the boot on last night's show. They were in the bottom third of all the performances, in my opinion.

Jorge made it far, but not enough.


Jasmine gave an uninspired performance.
Just a little too rote.

Though, personally, I thought Anoop's performance of "Beat It," should have been the one to beat it. He needed to step it up to match Michael Jackson on "Beat It," and, if anything, he was too toned down.

Now that I know the results, I might even watch the show on Tivo. Maybe. I got the results off Twiiter just before 8 o'clock. But I never really watch the results show anyways. I typically watch the results show in 15 minutes or less, thanks to, you guessed it, Tivo. But for the rest of the season I will probably just get the results off Twitter. I love Twitter. Tweet.

Besides, it isn't quite as emotional getting the information off Twitter. When I watch the show and the people get voted off, even if they deserve to be eliminated, I feel sad for them. And I find myself crying.

"Boo, hoo."

I'm wondering Internet, who did you think was going to get voted off the show last night and why? Was it fair? And what is Paula on?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your thoughts. I personally don't like the long haired blonde who's dancing is probably her attempt at being coordinated; which I think she is not. She is also offkey a lot. Paula had her new botox injection before the show. If you watch the night before....not so tight. No lip lines/no smile lines/no forhead lines/and eyes that turn up. Isn't Hollywood great. I think there are 5 great singers on this years show. It will be sad when they are voted off cuz only one can win; but I hope they look at it like the girl who won the grammy and oscar. You don't have to win for others to pick you up for something.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

So Botox makes me really weird. I get it. The winner doesn't necesarily win. So true. Thanks for a great comment that made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I like the justin timberlake wanna-be. Cause any dude who can sing and play the piano is sexy in my book.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Um there were two singing piano players if I recall....

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter