Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol Top 10 Recap

Tweet This
Last night, as I was getting ready to watch American Idol, while simultaneously writing today's blog, I heard a strange sound.

"Poof!"

Yes, poof! is exactly what I heard ,right before I found myself sitting alone, in a room of complete and utter darkness.

"But it's Motown night," I cry. "The top 10 are performing Motown songs. I like Motown. Wah, wah, boo, boo."

I attempted to send a reconciliatory email to the Power Angels, "Boo hoooo, no tivo. I promise never to take electricity for granted again. Now, please give me back my power."

It didn't work. So here I sit scrounging videos off of youtube.com while writing my blog, on an exceptionally slow computer.
All before my scheduled 10:30 AM dental appointment.

Here is my American Idol Top 10 Recap.





Adam Lambert is amazing once again! I loved his clean cut look, very handsome. And his face looked like he was crying, just like I was last night when, "The Lights Went Out In Georgia." Broadway baby.







Allison Iraheta gave a rockin' yet soulful performance of "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone." Definitely the second best performance of the night. She stays.




I could only find the audio of Danny Gokey's performance. I liked it. He's got a great voice with a sexy edge. He stays.





Matt Giraud got it right and honestly in my book who can go wrong with "Let's Get It On." Definitely not his best night, but he stays for sexy swagger alone.









Megan Joy started out weak on "For Once in My Life," but she got better in the second half of the song. She isn't exactly my favorite, but I thought she was better this week than the previous two. And better than some of the others.

Michael Sarver sang "Ain't Too Proud To Beg," and personally I love this song, but not when he sings it. He oversang the song and kind of ruined it for me. Stylistically, it sound like he was going for Jerry Lee Lewis or something. Definitely a weak performance.





m performed "You Can't Hurry Love." I enjoyed his performance more than the last two weeks, but his time is numbered. He stays for now. Though if he starts singing about God, Jesus and Angels he will soar up the Christian charts.





Lil Rounds' performace of "Heatwave," was definitely not her best. Honestly, I am surprised she didn't give a strong performance, and I think this could really hurt her. Lil started out great, but she failed on the chorus. She may go tomorrow night.





Anoop Desai sang "Ooh baby baby," beautifully, which isn't what I look for in a male singer. But he definitely stays. One of the stronger performances of the night, just not my type.





Kris Allen sang "How Sweet It Is," and he surprised me. I thought he gave one of the better performances of the night. He stays.



The best performance of the night was by far Adam Lambert. Then, of course the next strongest was Allison Iraheta. The bottom three for me were Lil Rounds, Michael Sarver and Megan Joy, in that order.

So Internet who do you think is getting voted off tonight? Tivo please don't fail me now. Oh wait, I almost forgot, I'm checking the results on Twitter. Follow me www.twitter.com/wendysurf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, Wendy. Adam and Allison have it in the bag!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter