Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fort Ord Dunes State Park vs Carmel Beach

Tweet This

View to North from Fort Ord Dunes State Park.


View to the South from Fort Ord Dunes Park.


Fancy Sign.

The other day, my friend and I rode our bikes to a new state park in Fort Ord.

"Let's go to the new beach," says my friend.

"I only have an hour, let's not," I say. I had to go pick up Gio by 12, and I needed to shower before hand.

"We're halfway there," she says. "Come on! We'll ride for 15 minutes and if we aren't really close, we'll turn back."

We managed to ride to Fort Ord Dunes State Park in roughly 20 minutes, but it was hard because every time we saw a new trail my A.D.D. friend would ask, "I wonder where that goes?"

One of the first things I noticed when we got to the state park was a NO DOGS sign. Great all we need is another beach with a dog ban.

Which is why Carmel Beach is the winner of the two. No dogs allowed is an instant deal breaker for me. It isn't just because I can let my dog run free off leash at Carmel Beach. The other reason I love going to Carmel Beach is to watch all the the dogs in pure play mode. They are thoroughly entertaining.


"I got the ball! I got the ball!"


"Come one throw it! Just try to get it passed
me. I dare you!"



"Do de do."


Footloose and fancy free.


"I wonder when my people are coming back?"


Seaweed moguls.


"I might as well take a nap, since
he's gonna surf all morning."



"Don't even think of putting this picture in
your blog. I don't want to be famous. Parents!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes being A.D.D. is a good thing. :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes it actually got us to the beach. You're so full of fun!

Anonymous said...

I cannot relate today...as I clean the dog poo off my son's croc after walking to the beach. Bleh. and BLEH!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yay! Wow. You did it. I pick up my poop, but obviously not everyone does. I especially love peeps who pick up their poop and then leave the bag on the beach. wilco tango poop!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter