Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And the instructions say...................

Tweet This

FAIL!

The other night, unbeknown to me, we ran out of dishwashing detergent. I almost never put detergent in the dishwasher, when I load it, because, I usually use too much detergent, causing the opening mechanism to jam. The end result is a rock hard rectangle of dish detergent that frequently fails! to dispense.

"Oh no!" exclaims Stefan as he runs to the dishwasher.

I look up to see the dishwasher foaming at the mouth.

I say to myself, "that thing cannot break tonight, it's only three years old."

Then I say a quick prayer to the Dishwashing Repair Angels, "to promise to start being good if they let my dishwasher live."

"I only used a tiny amount," swears Stefan. "We were out of regular dishwashing detergent. I thought it would be okay."

"Ha ha ha ha he he he he ho ho ho," I can't stop laughing.

I would have even rolled around on the floor laughing, because it was so funny, but I didn't want to get all foamy. Besides, I was overcome with joy that the dishwasher wasn't broken and he was cleaning the mess.

4 comments:

Joy said...

OMG! I've done that! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one in the world who thought hmmm... dishwashing liquid....dishwasher.....why not? Oh, crap!!!!!!!! They should put a warning label on the bottle that it's not suppose to be used in dishwasher for fear of flying bubbles.

Sara said...

I always say a quick prayer to St. Jude (of hopeless causes). That's what my grandma taught me to do!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I didn't know that St Jude prayer. Thanks!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

OMG! Funny. A warning is a great idea.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter