Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol Recap Top 5

Tweet This
It's rat pack night on American Idol. Tonight's secret host: Jamie Fox.

Kris Allen gave a modern and amazing performance of "The Way You look Tonight." He snuck in a bit of that boy band thing he does, but it was a great performance overall. He has really stepped up his game, I'm happily surprised.

Allison Iraheta turned 17 yesterday. Wow! She's an amazing baby girl! Allison performs a powerful rendition of "Someone To Watch Over Me." Yes, boys, y'all should be watching out for Allison, because right now the heavens are watching over her!

Matt Giraud's performs "My Funny Valentine." He didn't look confident up on stage and it came across in his performance. Though there wasn't really anything wrong with his vocals. Maybe I just don't care for that song. It's kind of mean. Not his best night, he's in trouble.

Danny Gokey sings "Come Rain Or Come Shine." Yes! Danny's back! He's right up there with Allison. As cliche as it sounds, D-Man was in the zone.

Adam Lambert gave a spine tingling performance of "Feeling Good." He's head an shoulders above the rest of the competition. But I do feel he's the same week after week after week. I'd be worried that if I bought his album, every song might sound the same, or at least end in that rocker scream.

My top three are Matt, Allison and Danny. My bottom two are Kris Allen and Matt Giraud. With five people left in the race for Idol, it's getting harder and harder to send someone home. However, having made it to the top 5 is reason alone to celebrate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy! They need to get rid of Kara and get you! I do not care for her. She comes across a little "snotty". Love your critique!
I too think Kris should be in the bottom two. Not sure who should be there with him. I hope it's not Allison but it might be because she was in the bottom three last week.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Matt was by far the worst due to nervousness or some sort of disconnect. I hope he goes home tonight.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter