Friday, April 17, 2009

The Great American Trailer Park Musical

Tweet This

Her Erinyness.

Last weekend I went to see my friend, Erin Hoffman, play a stripper in The Great American Trailer Park Musical. And it was so good, I'm going next weekend too!

The entire cast was amazing! No pitch problems there, Simon. And there is nothing like watching my friend on stage dancing with a pole. Especially, since I missed her stripper role in the Full Monty due to my Baby Mama induced fog.


The amazingly talented, off the charts, cast.

Erin is one of the most inspiring people I know, and who knows, maybe I'll get inspired to install a pole in my bedroom. Plus, it could double as play equipment for the kids. I just love multitasking equipment!

The back drop for the hilarious white trash musical is, of course, a trailer park and a strip club, called the Litter Box. Meow!

Did I mention how much I love the music? Seriously, the last song was so good I was crying tears of joy. Yes, I'm a tender hearted person, but seeing my friend up there on the stage singing my favorite song on the soundtrack was so inspiring.

I listen to that song at least 5 times a day, and so does whoever rides in the car with me. The soundtrack is an upbeat combination of country, rock, blues, and pop in a musical theatre mixing bowl. Add in 5 cups of explicit lyrics for color and texture.

Erin plays, Pippy, a homewrecking exotic erotic dancer on the run from her crazy permanent marker sniffing ex- boyfriend.

Pippy and Norbert, a toll booth collector, hit it off, after realizing they both collect dollar bills from complete strangers, for a living. Yeah, that's totally the same thing. Not.

Norbert has been trying to coax his agouraphobic wife, Jeannie, out of the house since the kidnapping of their son twenty years ago. Even a pair of tickets to the "classy" Ice Capades doesn't work.

Norbert can't be blamed for his transgression, his wife totally abandoned him for bad television. While Jeannie's eyes were glued to the set, Norbert and Pippy couldn't take their eyes of each other!

"Jeannie go get yourself some therapy, girl! You lost you're baby, now you're gonna lose your husband, too!"


Intermission included a game of Spin the
Wheel of Misfortune. Prizes included a
pregnancy test, Dukes of Hazard DVD, and
Markers for sniffing.



Three narrator's comically lead the audience through the love triangle of Jeannie, Norbert and Pippi.

Betty is the manager of the Armadillo Acres Trailer Park, she’s a widow, but her husband is nearby, in Jeannie's backyard. That's what friends are for, the good ones anyways.

Then there's Lin, which is short for linoleum because her mom gave birth to her on the kitchen floor. She goes around making everyone keep their electricity on, so the prison doesn’t have enough power to electrocute her husband, Earl. Earl is on death row for shooting someone who was driving in the wrong lane. I think that person was in front of me yesterday.

Lastly, there's Donna, aka "Pickles," because she always thinks she’s pregnant. We never meet her husband who is from Jacksonville. All we know is he's away at dinner theatre and they frequently have sex in separate rooms. “Oh my gay hell," sing the modern day greek chorus.

Internet don't waste anymore time get tickets to the Great American Trailer Park Musical now! Click here for details. It ain't gonna be around forever, y'all. Hope to see you there.

4 comments:

Stefan said...

I saw it. Funny and outrageous...

nana/moma said...

Oh, i want to see play. Daughter said I can not go with her & girl friends to see play. Oh ungrateful daughter. Here I bought tickets for her and hubby to see Wicked tomorrow. I will manage on my on. I am sure I can find my way to Martinez. Now, where is
Martinez? California, I hope!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes you were there! That was so fun!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I believe that is called a Mom-Along.....

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter