Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol Top 7 Recap

Tweet This
Tonight the top seven perform their favorite song from a movie soundtrack with the help of Quentin Tarantino. Quentin gave all the contestants great feedback, too bad only some of them listened to him.

Allison Iraheta gave a goose bump inducing performance of "I Don't Want To Close My Eyes." Too bad the version she sang was so abbreviated, but still a solid performance. Though she was not quite as strong as last week, she was very close.

Anoop Desai sang "Everything I Do, I Do For You." Sporting a faux letterman's jacket, gee who is he appealing to?, gave his best performance so far. Before I saw him perform tonight I thought he'd be the next to go, but for now Anoop stays, and he doesn't kiss and tell. Hmmm? Is love improving Anooop performance?

Adam Lambert performs "Born To Be Wild." He's so far ahead of everyone else. One word. Mesmerizing. Total Idol! Who cares if he prefers smoking cigars, over eating cherries. Aren't we beyond all that? I am. When you're hot, you're hot!

Matt Giraud performance of "You Really Love A Woman," was okay. This wasn't his best night and I thought he screeched a few times. He's in trouble.

Danny Gokey sang, "Endless Love." I was excited to hear this song until he started singing it, though he got better on the chorus. Danny wasn't on top of his game tonight. But he's not at the bottom of the list either. I missed his glasses and his soulful performance.

Kris Allen sings "Falling Slowly," from the movie Once. I don't know the song, it started out great, but got kind of boring. Vocally, he sounded fine. He stays for now.

Lil Rounds sang "The Rose," one of my favorite songs ever. She started out weak, as if she was holding back, blew up on the gospel portion, and then held back at the end. What? She could have went gospel all the way and knocked it out of the park. More importantly she could have stayed on the show another week.

My top three Adam Lambert, Adam Lambert and Adam Lambert. The only person giving Adam any competition is Allison Iraheta. My bottom three, Danny Gokey, Matt Giraud and Lil Rounds, with Lil sinking a bit faster than Matt.

Now I have this twittering feeling that the final is going to come down to Adam and Anoop. Why? Because those two names have been trending every week on Tuesday. I know this isn't scientific, but it is twitterific.

Even if I'm right and it comes down to a showdown between and Adam and Anoop the drama will be anticlimactic. At this point, as far as I'm concerned, Idol is going to be a process of elimination until the last person standing tall is Adam Lambert.

I can't wait to see what Adam does next week!

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter