Tuesday, April 7, 2009

American Idol Recap Top 8

Tweet This
Tonight on American Idol contestants sing songs from the year they were born.

Danny Gokey's singing "Stand By Me" from 1980, started out sloooow, elevator muzak. He busted out on the second half. Yays he stays.

Kris Allen sings an odd jazzy arrangement of "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" from his birth year,1985. The music sounded a bit odd, but he sounded great.

Lil Rounds singing "What's Love Got To Do With It" was so so on the first half, but got soulful on the back end of the song. Lil Rounds is trying too hard to please the judges. She needs to connect to her soul and herself.Dig down deep inside, Lil.

Anoop Desai singing one of my favorite songs ever, "True Colors." Just not my favorite version of it. He stays for now. The girls love staring into his brown puppy dog eyes.

Scott MacIntyre singing "The Search Is Over" without the piano! I liked the smaller hair, but the guitar didn't go with the song and seemed contrived. The second half of the song, vocally, was not so good. Scott exposed his belly to the lion when he said, "At least I'm versatile, I wanted to show that before I went home."

Allison Iraheta singing "I Can't Make You Love Me" blew me away, and gave me goosebumps. She stepped it up several notches raising her maturity level to that of the song, but keeping it fresh and young. The best of the night so far!

Matt Giraud singing "Part Time Lovers," a song I never really liked. Not sure about his song choice, but he nailed it vocally. Top 2 of the night so far.

Adam Lambert singing "Mad World," one of my favorite songs ever (I have a lot of favorite songs ever). And he knocked it out of the park. Again! Emotional. Powerful.

My top three for the night Allison, Adam, Matt. I can't decide who was better Adam or Allison, so let's just call it a tie. Bottom three Anoop, Scott, Lil, with Scott being at the very bottom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love Allison and Adam. Ready for Scott to go. Sweet but not up to Idol standards.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love Allison and Adam. Ready for Scott to go. Sweet but not up to Idol standards.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes Allison really showed her potential last night. America get over people having to look like the girl next door please.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter