Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Green Backpack

Tweet This


Whenever I walk on the beach, I'm constantly scanning for large bags full of green stuff......As in money, silly. Though that other green stuff, which is completely uninteresting to me, has been known to wash up on our shores from time to time.

"Hey look a backpack," I say.

"I wonder what's in it?" says my friend.

"You open it, in case, there's a head in there or something weird," I say trembling.

"What do you think is in it, Gio?" asks my friend.

"Sand," answers Gio.

Me and my friend were hoping it was loaded with money. We found it in the surf line, it was wet and waterlogged, but something else could have been making it heavy.

We opened the bag slowly, in case something was waiting to jump out and make a run for it. Turns out and we were wrong, and Gio was right. It was mostly full of sand. Why does he always have to be right?

There were also some keys, a video game, and some tarot cards scattered around the main compartment. Oh, and then there was the Axe brand deodorant stick, which made me think the owner could be an axe wielding homicidal maniac or something.



For a moment we thought we would try to figure out who owned the pack, by scanning the grocery card attached to the key chain.

"Maybe the person who own this backpack, also owns and island in the tropics and will fly us there for finding the pack," says my friend.

She had a faraway look in her eyes, and I believe she was half way to this tropical locale, clad only in her bikini, in her mind. And she was probably wondering if he was "bam chicka wow wow" cute, too.

Yes, I know I'm a mind reader, it runs in the family.

Later we decided we would let the police deal with it, in case we were dealing with some sort of whack job.

"Gio we need to take the green backpack to the police station," I say.

"Are they going to put it in jail?" asks Gio.

"Only if you don't go to bed on time," I say. "I'd hate to see an innocent backpack locked up in jail, all because you wouldn't go to bed......."

3 comments:

Stefan said...

bam! hilarious...

pikaki said...

LOL the funny thing is, you are so right about me, more times than you know. :) LOL funny funny loved it!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah but are you sure I don't know?????

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter