Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol Top 5 Results Goodbye Matt Giraud

Tweet This
As I've mentioned before I don't bother watching the American Idol Results show. I was getting the results off Twitter, but lately I've been relying on my Facebook Friend.

She gives me the play by play. And she often has lots of commenters. All this activity makes me feel as if I'm watching it live, except it's better. Plus, my Facebook Friends are entertaining.

"Adam, Kris and Matt are in the bottom three!" writes my Facebook Friend on my wall.

"I cannot believe Adam is in the bottom three!" I write. "No way!"

"I know!" says my Facebook Friend. "I will keep you posted. I am sure he will be safe."

I started to wonder if American Idol is rigged. Adam Lambert in the bottom three makes no sense at all. Or do voters feel the same way about Adam, as I do. He's great, but it's turning into the same old, same old, every week with him.

My Facebook Friend is on East Coast time, it's 9:30 pm there. 30 more minutes and I'll know who is going home tonight. Ahhhh! Thirty more minutes.........I can't wait.

I checked on my friend's status update for comments. From the comments I can tell Taylor Hicks is a guest on the show. My Facebook Friends don't seem to like him.

"Ear plugs anyone?" comments my Facebook Friend.

"Wow!" comments another Facebook Friend. "I really don't like Taylor Hicks."

Hmmmm? Isn't Taylor Hicks a past Idol winner......Just checked wikipedia and he is, but they need to correct his age. There's no way that guy is 6 years younger than me.

I check my email, another update from my dedicated Facebook Friend.

"Kris is safe! Adam and Matt are the bottom two. I cannot believe it! We have to wait for Jamie Fox to sing."

"Ahhhh!" I exclaim. "Jamie Fox really?! But why? Is he an Idol winner, too?"

Remember I am new to Idol. This is only my second season. And I don't even start watching til they're down to 10 or 12 contenders. I suppose I lack dedication and commitment on some topics.

Back to the bottom two, now that it's down to Adam and Matt, I can relax. I predicted Matt would be going home tonight. And the commentary on my Facebook Friend's status update confirms what I'm thinking.

I can't believe this! Kris is safe and not Adam?!


Setup for sure.


I like Kris- Adam is safe- it just makes for good tv


Finally, the last update from my Facebook Friend, "Idol says goodbye to Matt. Adam is safe."

Phew! Now, maybe, Adam will step up his game. Or maybe it was another dramatic Hollywood setup, sort of like Kenny Chesney and Renee Zellweger.
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter