Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol Recap Top 7 4/21

Tweet This
It's disco night on American Idol and I'm excited. I was a huge fan of disco and I'm not even slightly embarrassed to admit it. That's right go a head and laugh, I be shaking my booty to the disco beat.

Allison Iraheta gave a rocking performance of Hot Stuff. I like it! Totally modern and she made it her own!


Anoop Desai sang another one of my favorite songs, Donna Summer's "Dim All The Lights." Yikes! Boring, he needed to sexy up that song. He's at the bottom. Dancing is a metaphor Anoop.

Adam Lambert performs another favorite of mine, "If I Can't Have You." It wasn't my favorite performance by Adam, but it was still great. The arrangement of the song was so different from the original, it was like a totally different song. He's a beautiful power ballad singing rock star. Elvis is in the building.

Matt Giraud sang the BeeGee's "Staying Alive." I loved it! He made my fingers dance. He had big energy. He stays. Very inspiring! Thank goodness the judges saved him last week. Yay!

Danny Gokey sang one of my favorite disco songs, Earth Wind and Fire's September. I like Danny, but he was trying to do too much in one song boy band, bluesy, then gospel. I didn't like it and I think he's in trouble.

Kris Allen singing Donna Summer's "She Works Hard For The Money," from the man's perspective. Interesting point of view. I liked it.

Lil Rounds sang "I'm Every Woman," while attempting to inspire the audience. She faltered at the beginning of the song. Is her confidence wavering? She sounds like she knows she's going home.

My top three in order are Matt, Allison and Adam. My bottom three, not in any particular order, are Lil Rounds, Anoop and Danny Gokey. Two people go home tomorrow night. Who do you think it will be? By the way, I enjoyed all the Donna Summer flashbacks, she is the queen of disco.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna: Kris is my FAVORITE on Idol!!

Betsy: Where's the "puke" button?

Samantha:
He's the "sleeper" in this competition. Even I can agree that he's cute. :)

Anna:
Betsy!!! That's a bit harsh! He's adorable.
Anna:
Thanks, Sam:-)

Jessica:
I missed the first two. Lynn called with the details of her new baby boy (preschool mom).
I love disco!
Good thing I DVR it.
I can never remember who Kris is so I don't think I like him much.

Anna;
Watch him! I thought he was great!

Betsy:
Somebody out there has to agree with me!?!

Jessica:
I LOVE Allison. She is a cross between Kelly Clarkson and Pink.

Anna:
Me too! I love Allison!! She was awesome!

Samantha:
she rocks.

Samantha:
I love Adam. But why is Paula crying for God's sake?

Betsy:
Competition- OVER! Adam!

Betsy:
Does Paula realize she talks like a robot? I... Feel... your....pain...

Jessica:
I loved Simon's face while Paula was talking. THAT will be on The Soup for sure.
Adam is awesome!

Samantha:
Adam is the clear winner. Can we vote Paula off?

Samantha:
Ok...so the winner is Adam, 2nd place Allison, 3rd place Kris

Anna:
Yes, Sam!!! Sounds perfect to me! And can we PLEASE get rid of Paula? Although- she is good comedic relief!

Samantha:
LOL. Now lastly, I think Anoop has a nice voice but he won't win. No chance.

Peter:
betty (Anna)i hate kris to death along with your future husband anoop. Say goodbye to Lil and Anoop

Peter:
I wanna go Dirty Dancing with Paula

Anna:
Pete, I'm thinking of un-friending you.

Jessica:
I went back and watched the two I missed. Lil rounds, blah. I actually liked Kris' version of that song. I'm a sucker for a guitar. He's still not my fave though.
I agree, Anoop and Lil, baby bye, bye, bye!
I-think-Paula-would-rock-your-world (robot voice).

Peter:
ouch i'm having a Paula like breakdown

Peter:
u know who really sucks is Kara she adds nothing to the show.

Anna:
I agree with you on that, Pete. Don't ask me why, but I love Simon.

Peter:
everybody loves a nice pocket tee

Anna:
yeah....that's it....and his square head....total turn-on

Jessica:
I agree Pete. Kara is annoying. How about Chelsea Handler. She's rude and crude like Simon. Anna Fata at 9:24pm April 21
Love her, too!!

Wendy:
OMG! Y'all are funny.kris isnt my fav either but he is getting better.

Kristen:
Kris is good but his facial expressions are annoying. :). I love Adam. And matts good too.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter