Friday, April 24, 2009

Open House

Tweet This

Vinny Van Gogh.

I have two kids, but somehow we managed to have three open houses, in two days. The math just doesn't make sense. I suppose that comes with the territory of being married to a teacher.

My Mom went to two of the Open Houses, which is exactly the same number I attended. But she spent a little more time at each of them.

"Where are you?" she calls from her phone.

"At home," I say. "We're on our way."

"Well I'm ready to leave," says my Mom. "I've been here for an hour."

See, the Open House didn't actually start til 7, but the barbecue was from 5-7. And honestly, I had to get my own little fire going at home, before I could face the masses at Open House.

When we finally arrived, my Mom asks, "What took you so long?"

"I was eating chocolate cake," I say.

"Well, I had a really good dessert at the BBQ," claims my Mom.

"Yeah, but I had really delicious chocolate cake," I say dreamily.

"We don't like the same kind of dessert," says my Mom. "I prefer strawberry short cake, while you like chocolate cake."

"Mom, I promise my dessert is not the kind of dessert you're referring to," I say.

"Oh," says my Mom.

The next night I promised my Mom I wouldn't to be late since it was just going to be me and the boys. My Mom beat me there by 30 minutes. She didn't say anything. She didn't have to. The look on her face said it all.

Fail!

At least I was an hour earlier than the night before. I was quite proud of myself.

And Thank You! to all the teachers for coming back to work after a long day's work. I know y'all are tired, remember I live with a teacher, and I appreciate the commitment and dedication.


My kids have never had this
teacher, but I love her open
house. All the kids make
a life size paper doll replica
of themselves. When you
walk in all the paper dolls
are sitting quietly at their desks.
It's a trip!


Meet Andy the very large snake.
Something about him kept reminding
of my husband.............


One of the teachers had this
poster in his room. We
thought it was hilarious.
And of course Vinny says
this particular teacher is
a crack up. He can be hard
to spot as he is often wearing
a disguise of some sort, even in
the yearbook! The kids love him.

4 comments:

pikaki said...

heheheh cute pictures. i want some chocolate cake!!!

Sara said...

Chocolate cake, hmmmm. Your husband must think you are the most delicious wife!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah I highly recommend the chocolate cake.......

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I hope he does!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter