Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicken Bread

Tweet This


The other night for dinner, I bought a Trader's Joe, pre-cooked chicken, located in the refrigerated section. Wrinkly, cold Chickens don't look very appetizing, but once they're heated up they look good and taste great.

Chef Stefan pretty much cooks all the meat, and this is my little way of contributing to the family's protein requirement. I don't like cooking meat, probably because I don't like eating over cooked meat, and neither does anyone else in the family.

That night, when I came home from work, everyone had already eaten dinner. I heated up my Math Diet extra serving of protein, in the oven.

The chicken was yummy. I was enjoying it with Trader Joes salsa verde. More yum, no carbs equals me staying on the math diet.

"Honey did you like the chicken?" I ask Chef Stefan.

Long pause followed by.........."It was kind of dry."

"Did you heat it up?" I ask digging deeper.

"No," answers Chef Stefan, knowing in his mind I will have commentary for his answer because that chicken must be warmed prior to ingestion.

But before I could comment he went on. "I gave the chicken to Gio."

"Did he like it?" I ask hopefully.

"Well?" says Chef Stefan.

And then he told me what Gio said, "What is this? Chicken bread?"

The three old complaining about the food is nothing new, and at least, he has a sense of humor.

Apparently, I can't cook or buy, good meat. Now adding: CHEF to my list of things to do. Hopefully, that will more than make up for my short comings, in the kitchen.

7 comments:

Dad said...

Chicken bread. yum.... BTW, we all laughed for a good minute after he said that. Complaining through humor is the best way.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes it gets us all through my bad meals.

JAmen said...

You should seek to further stimulate the economy by dining out more.

nana/mama said...

My youngest grandson is not a good eater. oldest grandsonis a eating machine. I fix dinner for my family alot. They complain that I make a mess and don' clean up. Ungrateful brats!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Mess and disaster are not the same. Plus we're just arguing about who has to clean it up, not that we have to.

pikaki said...

Hmmm, we'll you should try giving him cracker chicken.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Is that like chicken with caramel? Where can I buy it?

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter