Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Play Date at the Beach

Tweet This


Yes, I know play dates between a boy and a cat are not very traditional, or common for that matter. But my friend's only son is a cat. So what's a Mom to do? I'd like to think I go with the flow.

Briar isn't really a cat. He's someone else. Maybe even a deceased rock star reincarnated or something. If anyone has any ideas who he was in his last life, please tell us, we are dying to know.

Besides, I am hoping if we do play dates, he won't have to venture the three quarters of a mile away from his house, alone, to visit us.

Just the other day, my friend sent me a text while I was at work. "Oh my goodness Stefan just called me and said Briar ran up to him at your house!! Whaaaaaaaaahh?"

A few weeks prior to that she texted me with, "Briar is on your street, at one of your neighbor's house. They're are keeping him in a cage til I get there."

I envision poor Briar imprisoned and quickly text back, "I'll go get him." Besides he must have been on his way to visit us, when the neighbor foiled his plan.



"It's 10 o'clock, do you know where your child is?" is a question my friend usually cannot answer. Seriously, though, I don't know why she doesn't just check his facebook status. He updates it frequently enough.

"Briar Cat is following some of the neighbors around the block."


Though I have to admit, at times, it is a bit cryptic.


Briar Cat is sneaky sneaky.


8 comments:

JAmen said...

it is nice when they both can go on bike rides with their moms and love the beach so much!

pikaki said...

Awww, gio is trying to share the pirates booty in the picture. So cute. Briar didn't get enough of Gio, that's why he went back to your house... without me.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes I can't wait til Gio can do his own pedaling. Whew!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Or maybe they have a secret language and communicate telepathically and had it planned all along.

Stefan said...

Briar is truly amazing. Read for yourself... Check out briarkitty.com

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

No one said who they think Briar was in his last life. A traveling salesman? Gerry Garcia? Elvis?

Sara said...

hee hee cats are curious creatures

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I think Briar is an ascended light being!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter