Wednesday, April 1, 2009

American Idol Top 9 Recap

Tweet This
Before I get on with today's American Idol blog, I have a few other items to tend to. First, tonight we are going to the Mother of all Mommy blogger's book signing. The woman who inspred this very blog. Yes, I am jumping up and down with excitement.

"Bounce, bounce, bounce!"

"Um, you forgot to tell us her name," says someone from the Internet.

"Heather B. Armstrong of dooce.com," I say in my sing songy voice. Even better it's a date. Oh the joys, of multi-tasking.

Two, my friend is working on some Sugarland tickets for me today! Yes Sugarland in San Francisco this summmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrrrrrr. Perhaps we may even win some meet and greet tickets and I will get to ask, " Jennifer Nettles to "please, say something funny and inspiring for the blog."

Third, Stefan is freaking me out with his gargling. He thinks it's funny, but he's having a hard time laughing and gargling at the same time. Fail!

And why is he even still awake, see in my world it's yesterday, we have a big day tomorrow (today in your world). I don't want to watch Return of the Zombie again. Not on a date night anyways.


Oh wait, I'm getting a text message from Bel..... no Stefan. He texts, "hot pockets!" which is another blog, sorry.

Jesus, just let me finish my blog, please.

Okay here's the American Idol Top 9 Recap:

Anoop Desai performance tonight was his worst in my opinion and he's skating on thin ice. He started out all right, but went down hill fast on the chorus, lacking the umpf the song needed. He didn't handle the judges' criticism well either and it showed. He's better off singing ballads.


Megan Joy singing Bob Marley's, "I Wanna Give You Some Love," started off with her stylized vocals. Been there done that. Ho hum. She started singing better (without stylization) on the second half of the song, but I didn't care much for her version of that song. Maybe she could have just left the girl lyrics in and gone a little Katy Perry on us. Now, that would have been interesting.

Danny Gokey's performance was the first good one of the night. "Ah!" I love listening to Danny. He's got heart and soul. He reminds me of Johnny Lang, if he would just turn his sexy up a notch or five. One of my favorite performances tonight!

Allison Iraheta singing No Doubt's , "Don't Speak." Hmmmm. Gwen Stefani is amazing on this song and well Allison wasn't amazing. She sang great until she hit the chorus, where she lost momentum and emotional connection to the song. I believe Allison may be in jeopardy. The judges may have to save her tonight.

Scott MacIntyre singing Billy Joel's "Don't Go Changing." Scott started out well and I thought he chose a great song. When he got to the chorus he had some pitch problems, but he pulled it out and got through the song. It wasn't the worst performace of the night, but it wasn't the best.

Matt Giraud performed "You Found Me," by the Fray. Go power ballad! I thought he was edgier this week, edgier in a good way. I liked it. I thought he took a risk going out of his comfort zone and I respect that.

Lil Rounds' sang Celine Dion's "I Surrender." I didn't care for the song(Zzzzzz), but she sang it well, especially the second half. Not sure if she stays, it could go either way. But her kid definitely got her a few votes. So cute giving Randy a hug. Aw!

Disco meets rock as Adam Lambert performed an interesting arrangement of "Play That Funky Music White Boy." He pushes the envelope every week and he's soooooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaar ahead of everyone else. White boy is my idol! He may even have a bit of Little Richard up in him.

Kris Allen had his best performance tonight. He even made me like that song. Kris was on fire and the teeny boppers are going crazy texting votes for him. I can her their little thumbs right now, "tap, tap, tap."

My top 2 for the night were Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. My bottom two, Anoop Desai and Megan Joy. I can't wait to see who stays tonight.

1 comment:

JAmen said...

didn't Little Richard do some time for gettin' up in someone?

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter