Monday, April 27, 2009

"Briar Came To Visit Us!"

Tweet This

"Honk, Honk!" toots my Mom's car horn.

"Gio, can you, please, open the door for Nana?" I ask.

Gio runs out the slider, into the atrium, and opens the front door for my Mom.

I can hear Gio shouting at my Mom, "Briar came to visit us!"

We had a little play date with Briar earlier. I was surprised he was so still ecstatic over his play date with the human disguised as a cat.

We were all sitting around the table enjoying lunch, when my Mom mentions something about Briar being in the atrium.

"Mom, Briar was here earlier," I explain. "He came here first, and then we rode to the beach, but he isn't here now."

Well, who is that cat in the atrium?" asks my Mom. The look on her face is saying, "and my daughter thinks I'm crazy?"

"It must be Nay Nay the Cat," I say.

I look up to find her asleep on the couch, so it couldn't be her.

"When I pulled up there was a cat under your car," says my Mom.

Still in disbelief, I got up to investigate the so-called cat in the atrium, and guess who I found? Briar, that little rascal!

"I thought you'd never open the door," says Briar. "What took you so long? I was getting so hot out there, luckily I took shelter under your car."

Suddenly, I was reminded, I should listen to my kids and my Mom. Just maybe not both at the same time. I wonder what Briar would say if he could talk?

2 comments:

pikaki said...

he would probably say: "It's too hot to be at home. Me and Gio want to go back to the beach, and I'm hear to take him with me!"

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah that's exactly right!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter