Tuesday, May 5, 2009

American Idol Top 4 Recap Season 8

Tweet This
It's Rock Night on American Idol, and I'm wondering if Adam Lambert has been practicing for this night, all along. Tonight's host Slash and, of course, his hair, oh my! I'm not sure what it is about Slash, formerly of Guns N Roses, currently of Velvet Revolver, but I have always had a thing for him? Must be his aura. The aura gets me every time, darn it.

Elvis performs Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love," one of my favorite songs ever. Adam gave a great sounding, but emotionally disconnected performance. And he didn't make the song his own. Oh well, at least he's having fun with this whole Elvis thing. And according to my research, Elvis died in 1977, and Adam was born in 1982. Therefore, Adam could be the reincarnation of Elvis. But where's the pelvis?

Allison Iraheta performs Janis Joplin's "Cry Baby." "Cry Baby" is not my favorite Joplin song. Not only did Allison own the song, but her performance surpasses Joplin's by miles, probably due to Allison's purity and sobriety. Awesome!!!!!! The best tonight.


Listening to: Danny and Kris's duet,"Renegade." Um, now I know why Ryan explained how the dress rehearsal was interrupted: to imply a cause for their less than stellar duet. Kris is not on fire tonight. Danny was a little better on the duet.

Kris Allen sings the Beatles' "Come Together," and fell apart in a boy band sort of way, on the second half of the song. I have to admit I'm biased because I started reading my Facebook Friend's commentary and there were a lot of negatives said about Kris.

Kris is my choice to go too!



I hope my Facebook Friends are right, I hope Kris goes home. He doesn't have the talent the other three have.

Danny Gokey sings Aerosmith's "Dream On," yeah you guessed it, another favorite of mine. And I'm going with Danny ruined the song. Yikes! I think he's in serious trouble. I thought Kris was going home until I heard Danny. Wow, that was bad.

Listening to: Allison and Adam's duet of "Slow Ride." Adam just grabbed his junk! (Is that legal? Doesn't he know millions are watching?) Now there's a little modern version of Pelvis by Elvis. Adam and Allison were awesome, though Allsion had a shaky start on the vocals. Naughty, naughty, Adam.

My top two are Adam and Allison. Allison's performance was from the heart, while Adam's reminds me a little of masturbation. And I have nothing against, masturbation, but it's a little lonely. I have Danny and Kris at the bottom. Danny performed better in the duet, and that might help him with the votes.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter