Friday, May 1, 2009

H1N1 Influenza A

Tweet This



"Stop coughing on me!" says Vinny. "Gio's been coughing a lot. I think he may have picked up the swine flu."

And this proves a little bit of education, can go the wrong way.

"Did they talk about swine flu at school?" I ask.

"Yeah," says Vinny.

"What did they say?" I ask.

"I don't remember, that was a long time ago," Vinny says.

Two days ago is a long time for a seven year old I suppose.

Yet, even my kid, who seems oblivious to just about everything of concern, such as flushing the toilet and washing his hands, is paranoid about the swine flu. Oooops, I mean H1N1 Influenza A, the old technical name for swine flu, is back in style.

The name, H1N1 Influenza A, was adopted by the World Health Organization to save the lives of pigs. The swine flu name association was causing countries to ban pork and call for the murder of innocent pigs. The spread of H1N1 Influenza A, formerly known as swine flu, has nothing to do with pigs.

H1N1 is a combination of a pig, bird and human flu virus, but cannot be contracted by eating pork, that's what they are saying today, anyways.

"Phew!" say the pigs. "That was a close one."

12 comments:

pikaki said...

hmm i have a scratchy throat. is that a symptom?

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Hayfever? Don't ask Vinny whatever you do. Did we drink out of the same glass?!

Nana/Mama said...

today's Pickles cartoon is about blogging and very very funny.Us older people can appreciate the humor. Opal is "journaling". Her daughter informs her that the thing to do is blog on the internet.Opal's reply "blogging, sounds like something you would blow into a handkerchief'.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Ha ha ha, but that's kind of off topic isn't it? I don't think you're supposed to use the comment section as you're journal Mom. I can help you start a Grandma blog....Really I can.....

Nana/Mama said...

When I go to Daughter's house I have my own glass and cup that I use but everyone keeps using them. I even bought ones that had different look. Those whipersnapers, just have to use Nana/Mama's things.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Wow, great save Mom! You're getting the idea in more ways than 1.......

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Mom you need to get off the computer remember you're babysitting tonight........

pikaki said...

lololol!!

Anonymous said...

12:05 a.m post?? my my my YOU aren't or weren't making that 5:30 am wake up call to arms.
We now have our own "sanitary cleanser" for each classroom and two new posters to put up about all of this. The kids are really getting the message I suppose; but is it really any worse than the plain old flu? I really don't know.

Anonymous said...

Randomly speaking, "swine flu" is the new code word for cops in the area!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

My blogs are generally scheduled to publish at specific times, such as 12:05 am. However, I may have been awake, anyways.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

uh oh duck!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter