Friday, May 15, 2009

Look At My Nails Y'all!

Tweet This


I know I didn't do a pro job on my nails or anything. But I'm really proud of myself for removing the last application of polish, before it got to the totally tacky phase, aka chips and bumps.

Not only did I remove the old polish, , but I immediately applied a fresh new coat or four. One or two coats is never enough. More is better.

"Is she still talking about her nails?" wonders someone on the Internet.

Maybe, but back to my nails. Three or four coats of polish last longer. And the fumes give me a good head rush. Stefan, however, doesn't care for any nail product odors.

"What is that smell!" he complains.

"Oh it's just me gettin' my girl on," I say.

"Well, it stinks!" Stefan says.

"I love you, too, honey," I say. "And my nails are going to look great, if you don't look closely."

14 comments:

EndofTired said...

They look great even up close! And I think most stuff associated with gettin yer girl on smells to some extent. Some just smell better than others!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Wow, thanks!

pikaki said...

Haha what's up with all this femininity going on??? First lip gloss, now toe polish? I love it! :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I've always been into it. Sometimes I'm just a lazy married woman. hahahha

Sara said...

I used to not leave the house without mascara. Now I only wear it on "special occasions"! Some days I'm lucky if I remember to brush my hair!

nana/mom said...

I hope those four coats include a base coat and two coats of color and last a base coat. Did I not teach you this. And you must first clean them, seabreeze, or alcohol (not the kind You drink)A dryer would be the last step. Do it right and it will last a long time! This one subject that I know how to do right.

EndofTired said...

wow. Your mom is so cool.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mother on how to polish nails, just make sure that you let each layer dry completely before going on to the next.
DO NO PAINT NAILS OUTSIDE.
polish gets gummy and does not dry

The Cleaning Lady said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!
it worked, I finally figured out how to respond,
I am Anonymous,
Every time I Hit send it never workd,
Annonymous is the Cleaning Lady

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Am I supposed to brush my hair too. I must have missed the memo.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Of course Mom, that's exactly what I did, more or less, anyways.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes my Mom is cool!!!!!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Well anonymous, or whoever you are, as you can see from the picture I did in fact paint my nails outside. ooooops!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

congratulations cleaning goddess. good job!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter