Friday, May 29, 2009

Playdate Gone Awry

Tweet This

The day's lucky survivor.

It was a non-surf Saturday, and I was feeling a little sluggish and in need of outdoor body movement.

I text one of my parenting friends, "want to take the kids to the beach?"

"Yes, I'll be right over," she texts back.

We hadn't been at the beach more than five minutes, when my friend's son catches a baby squirrel.

I went to the beach to feel better, but watching Briar playing with a baby squirrel, gave me an instantaneous, "I am going to vomit," kind of feeling. Yes, I say that a lot when I'm feeling uncomfortable. ( If I've ever ridden in your car, you already know that.)

"He likes playing with the squirrel," says Briar's person proudly.

"Well I'm sure the squirrel doesn't like playing with him," I say.

Unfortunately, my kids were there. Talk about a bad influence. My kids get play dates with a murderer.

"Briar is a warrior!" shouts Vinny. "Hooray," cheer the rest of the kids.

6 comments:

EndofTired said...

I fear the onset of actual children in B's life. Her "It's-okay-to-kill-that" meter is a little skewed. And they'll learn from big brother Briar. I think there may be a suspense thriller script in there somewhere.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

hmmm? Now there's a great idea.

Sara said...

yikes!

pikaki said...

Doods, it's a cat!! Plus it's instinct. Take away a beings purpose, and you pretty much have a fat lazy overweight entity on prozac (hmm that kinda sounds like a lot of people in this world), and yeah, they are prescribing depression meds to animals which is even "more skewed" than sicking a cat on some fair game. Plus, wouldn't you rather have less filthy rodents running around contaminating your space? purpose my dears, purpose...

Anonymous said...

Warriors! Check out the series at your local library.

Wendy said...

Yes is animals on prozac is costing the country a lot of money? Get the squirrel Briar

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter