Sunday, May 3, 2009

Angels Are Real 3

Tweet This


Gio painted this picture at school. As I was studying it, I noticed an angel, in the upper, middle portion of the picture.

"Gio, look, I think that's you're guardian angel," I say.

"What does a guardian angel do?" asks Gio, not sure if a guardian angel is a good thing to have.

"A guardian angel keeps you safe," I say.

"Good," says Gio.

As I gazed at his painting I wondered if it is his guardian angel. So far he's saved my life, and one other. Gio kept me from going surfing at a spot where there happened to be a shark attack exactly when I would have been there.

Here's how he saved my life.......

He grabbed a shark book, one with a Great White Shark jumping out of the water, with its mouth wide open, while hysterically screaming, "shark!"


I think she's smiling for the camera. Yikes!

I had been having a sharky feeling at this spot for a few weeks. So much so that I had paddled in not one, not two, but three times, in a two week period. As a rule, surfers don't paddle in. It isn't cool. Surfers are the epitome of cool. At least we like to think we are.

Gio's hysterical shark screaming, hit a nerve. A nerve I'm glad I recognized and listened to.

"Nope, I'm not surfing today, no way no how," I say.

Within a few hours, I got a call there had been a shark attack at Marina Beach. Thanks Gio!

Then, the other day, Gio saved Briar's life.

"Would you ever see Briar again, if he gets hit by a car?" Gio asks my friend as we are riding bikes.

My friend was pulling the trailer that contained Gio, and Briar secure in his Pet Pak, or so we thought.

A few minutes later Gio's screaming, "Briar's getting out!"

Somehow, Briar managed to escape from the zipped Pet Pak. He started heading for the road, as a very large truck was approaching at 50 mph. I think I blocked Briar with my bike, because he suddenly he switched directions, and ran into a motor vehicle free field.

"Phew!"

I believe in angels. I believe they help us everyday, all day. The trick is listening to our angels, and not analyzing the information. All we need to do is be. Being, as opposed to doing, allows divine inspiration to flow through us. What a joy it is to have a three year old for a role model. Thanks Gio!


8 comments:

EndofTired said...

Blessings are great. We've got so many. And angels are hard to spot. I think its good the youngest of us are still close enough to God to feel them and help us listen when we get all that daily noise in our ears.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Jesus Amen! I could use some laundry angels right now. Or a few more couches to store the clean laundry on......

EndofTired said...

No...you need an organizer angel to help you PURGE!!!

pikaki said...

Thank Gio for saving my son. It was wierd when he said that... i was like... "why are you saying things like that?" but then there you go.

nana/mom said...

My grandson is a reincarnation of my Fahther's spirit. And maybe afew others combined. My Father was commercial fisherman and lost his life to the sea. I knw that he is working through my grandson. Now who is working thru my eating machine older grandson.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Jenn do you happen to know one of those angels personally?

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah I try not to question my kids anymore because they see things even I don't always see. And it's fun watching their little psychic powers at work.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah where does he get his bottomless pit from. Probably both sides of the family.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter