Thursday, May 21, 2009

Road Trip

Tweet This


Today my BFFs and I are going on a road trip. Vinny is going to miss out on the trip because of school, but Gio is coming.

It's a surf/amusement park trip.

The plan is get up at 4:30 am, ride our bikes to the beach, surf and be back by 8ish. Just in time for some fun play time with the kids.

I usually hit the surf without coffee because I'm always sneaking out before everyone wakes up. And the only way to sneak out before everyone wakes up, is not to wake them up by making coffee.

I tried to explain this to my friend whose coming along for the surf.

"Can you just buy some bottled caffeine, and drink it on the way to the beach?" I plead.

I had already asked her to fore go caffeine all together, but she nearly freaked out.

"I'm putting my foot down," says my surfing BFF. "I deserve coffee and I'm going to have it."

"Um, nurse would you mind hooking up my friend to the caffeine drip system?" I ask.

"Not at all," says the nurse. "I think I can hook her up, so as her alarm goes off at 4:30 AM, she'll get a 500 milligram dose. Best of all, it's silent."

I wonder if there are any Mormons Moms that surf?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

coffeee... heh heh coffeeeeeee! thx for not depriving me.

nana/mom said...

How do you make noise when you are making coffee. I don't make noise, but how would I know, I live alone with a little handicap dog. A bicyle with a surf rack? Duaghter dont you feel guilty leaving husband home? Oops!!

Wendy said...

Well it is my birthday month so why would I feel guilty--because you`re catholic?

EndofTired said...

Coffee maker has TIMER...preset coffee is nice...make all the noise the night before!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter