Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crush Me

Tweet This


I was standing in line at Costco, when I suddenly recognize the person standing in front of me.

"It's Robin Williams!" I shout to myself.

Wait.....No, but he looks so familiar. I know that face.

A second passes and I realize, "hey that's Bill......."

OMG! Is that Bill? I start feeling nervous, My heart starts to beat a little faster and my mouth is dry.

Could it really be him after all these years? As May Be Bill pulls out his Costco Card I attempt to get a look at his name. No luck. Then May Be Bill pulls out his ATM card. And there was yet another lost chance to see his name.

He suspiciously glances over his shoulder, while covering up the keypad as he punched in his pin.

"Really officer I just neeeeed to know if his first name is Bill!" I explain as they throw me in jail and drop off the children at protective services.

"Honestly, I wasn't attempting to steal his identity," I plead. "Why would I want to be 50 something-year-old man?"

Then I felt this deep urge to blurt out, "Is your name Bill?"

But the words would not come out of my mouth. My pulse racing. My heart pounding. My voice mute. All the while, a flock of dizziness circles my head.

Bill was my first crush when I was very young, probably 5ish. He lived across the street. He rode a motorcycle and played a guitar. He was so cute and I adored him.

In those days my favorite outing was going to get gas with my Mom. Why? Because Bill worked at the gas station, of course!

Who knew Costco lines could be time travelling machines, or better yet flashback inducing drugs. I had time traveled all the way back to my very first crush, and it felt great. And exactly like the other 1000s of crushes I've had since.

Ain't crush adoration grand?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the feeling of reliving a happy memory! Your heart rate goes up a little and a smile appears on your face :)

EndofTired said...

Thanks for that...it let me remember my "Bill" and that was really nice. See...a little smile all around my heart!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Smiles are a good, glad that happened.

Sara said...

I got to marry one of my "Bill"s. Isn't that cool?

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter