Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Other Boys Wear Pink"

Tweet This


It's hard to resist the clothes at Costco. Sometimes, it's as if they are calling me by name, "Wendy come hither and give us a looksie, won't you sweets?"

Mental note: Find medication to silence the clothing voices at Costco. I hear I can buy said medicine at Old Navy, with any $100 clothing purchase.

I do resist buying the Costco Mom jeans, now. But in the past, when I didn't even have kids, I couldn't resist. Please, don't tell anyone. Now, if only I could get my husband off the Dad jeans at Costco.

"But I like the 12 dollar jeans," says Stefan.

When it comes to buying clothing at Costco, I try to restrict my purchases to socks and pajamas. Just the other day, I picked up a pink pj top.

"Is that your pink shirt?" asks Vinny, while we are standing in line, waiting to check out.

"No, I bought it for you," I tease.

"Well, I'm not going to wear it," he answers with a grimace.

"Fine, I'll keep it for myself, if you don't like it," I say.

He rolls his eyes.

We are close enough in size to pull off a clothes swap, especially if he wears something a bit larger and I go smaller. Just the other night, I wore his jacket in a pinch. I had forgotten mine.

The sleeves were a little short, it didn't smell good, and I'm not even going into the nasty food stains, but it was realllllllly ca-ca-ca-cold. Too bad it wasn't pink.....

The bagger happened to be eavesdropping in, on our conversation. She specifically took interest in Vinny's pink clothing protest.

"Boys can wear pink," pipes in the bagger. "It's very stylish. My grandson wears pink and loves it!"

"Other boys wear pink," answers Vinny.

I know the bagger was trying to help me get my son to, at least, try the pink shirt. If she only knew I was teasing him, I'm sure I'm the one who would have been getting the lecture.

2 comments:

EndofTired said...

"Pink is pretty, but I think it is prettier on girls." says C. He maneuvers well.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah I wonder where he gets that from?????

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter