Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Taking the Day Off Phew!

Tweet This


Note: Giving up control is hard, but at least it's a day off. Everyone please welcome my BFF Jenn, today's guest blogger--Wendy


By Jennifer Mench

When we first moved here, the day’s activities were limited to school, classes, the Aquarium or the local kid’s museum. All of these were loads of fun. But it was just the two of us…me and the boy, Cee. I sometimes felt my “fun factor” was lacking.

Then we met Wendy. And her boys. And it was good. There were GREAT adventures to be had…we just hadn't had them yet!

So, off to Carmel beaches, hikes to hidden places, collecting rocks and lost golf balls to take home to Daddy. There are long bike rides to hike dunes, and playgrounds we have to hike a mile to reach. We LOVE all of our adventures, and we LOVE our new friends.



Wendy and I are like sisters separated at birth. (Mom, you got some splainin’ to do!) Gio adores Cee. Cee adores Vinnie (the boy-crush always moves up doesn’t it?). And when they get together they play so well together.

Wendy and I play well together, too. She makes me exercise (which I try to avoid like I would battery acid offered to me in a cup), and I make her laugh.

Is that a fair trade? I hope so. And even though she keeps threatening to teach me to surf (again with the exercise), I still love her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go jennifer go!
Wendy, it's so early go back bed. This isn't dawn patrol, it's sleep patrol.

Stefan said...

love it.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah it's a fair trade.

EndofTired said...

Thanks, yawl!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thank you! I got a lot of rest. lol

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter