Sunday, May 17, 2009

No I didn't win.......

Tweet This

Today's schedule for the contest promises to be action packed.

Hey y'all there are still great times to be had at the Sunshine Freestyle Surfabout 29 today, just not for me.

And I'm totally okay with it. I just didn't catch the right waves and someone else did. I was a half a point away from advancing to the final. Someone else caught the waves she needed and good on her. If someone has to win then there's always going to be a few losers. Today I'm that loser.

Am I a little sad? Of course. It's hard knowing if I had just gotten a few open faced waves instead of closeouts, I would have breezed into the final. But I was sitting in the wrong spot.

On the other hand, while I am a bit disappointed, I'm also a lot of happy. There were a lot of young girls and women charging hard this year. I'm proud of each and everyone of them. There used to only be four surfer girls back in the day, it's nice to have more estrogen in the water.

I also got to hang out with my husband, my Mom and my BFFs and that was fun, and filled with laughter and a lot of, "Mom I can't talk about that right now, I'm trying to focus."

The weather was off the charts, and probably the best weather the Sunshine Freestyle Surfabout has ever seen.

And Stefan surfed a lot, so it's good to see him back in the water. I get tired of hearing guys ask, "where's your husband." All the while I know they are wondering if I hog all the surf time, because they don't know sometimes he gets lazy about his surfing. Especially when it's cold....

I just wanted to let everyone know how I did, because it was a lot cheaper than printing a t-shirt that said, "No I didn't win this year."

Besides that shirt probably would have made some people feel uncomfortable, and I would never want to make people go outside their comfort zone now would I? Nope, not little ole me.

Oh and did I mention I'm going on a little surf trip to my favorite surf spot with my BFFs, and were gonna hit Legoland with our boys???? And no Bee, that doesn't mean you can bring Briar.

One more thing, it's my birthday tomorrow and if you've ever wanted to leave a comment, but didn't tomorrow would be a great day to start................I love receiving Happy Birthday Wishes, as much as I enjoy giving them. (NOte:You can also write them on my Facebook Wall as well, or both if you're feeling really crazy.

10 comments:

pikaki said...

yea we got beat by a 12 year old AND a longboarder.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

hahahahahha!

EndofTired said...

but you both looked GREAT and it looked like you had a LOT of fun. the weather was fantastic, and I had a great time watching my girls surf. thanks for pulling me in.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks J. It was fun having you and C there!

Stefan said...

I won!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes you did!!!!!!! Yay! Really we are all winners some of us are just watching a different movie.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday from one of your BFF's. You're still the best in my book (surfing and otherwise) and I LOVE YOU!!!

Tamara

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks Tamara. Wow I'm so impressed! I feel the love.

Unknown said...

losers unite! i got beat by some guy that wasn't even in my heat. not that one wave would have helped my severe case of kooking it out there. super fun weekend though, and for the first time ever i actually got to watch your entire heat.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

S. So funny. I was ready to go yell at that guy. Stefan was ready to paddle out and block for you. Oh the joy of frantically trying to catch 4 good waves in 15 seconds. Ok 15 min, but it seems like 15 seconds. Losers unite I like that as a tshirt.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter