Friday, May 8, 2009

Taize in Monterey

Tweet This


Tonight from 7:30 to 8:30 I'm going to Taize. I always try talk my friends into going with me. Stefan's gone once. He didn't even fall asleep. Good thing because his loud snoring would have been very disruptive.

Another time I took Vinny, but he actually fell asleep. I had to carry him out of there. At least he didn't snore.

Then there was the time I went with a friend, and he nearly exposed his crack addicted behind to the entire Taize congregation.

Say no to crack, use a belt. Getting off drugs really can be as easy as pulling up your pants.

I've been trying to talk my J Dub (Jehovah's Witness) friend into going.

"Come to taize with me, please," I ask her.

"What is it?" she asks suspiciously while handing me some J Dub literature.

"It's a special ecumenical candlelight spiritual service with chanting," I say peacefully.

"Chanting?" she asks. "No way! That sounds weird."

"It's really just beautiful singing of prayers and lines from scripture. It's not weird, really it's amazing. The repetition of of prayer through song induces a peaceful, spiritual state."

I didn't want to tell her some people think J Dubs are odd. Or that when the J Dubs come a knocking on people's doors they hide and pretend they aren't home. I didn't want to hurt her J Dub feelings.

Besides, tonight might be a little weird. They are doing some sort of healing of service complete with healing stations. Goddess forbid they do something strange such as, laying on of hands. Energy work, my favorite!

I'm praying for a sexual healing myself. One that involves sex at least once a day, though twice a day would be better, at least in the summer. Even I can compromise. I just hope I don't have to write my healing request on a piece of paper................one can only hope.

5 comments:

pikaki said...

By the way, you THINK we don't see you hiding, but we actually do. And when you do, we just assume you are too naked and inappropriate to come to the door... so we just keep coming back until you open your door... or sick your dog on us. lol

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Are j dubs allowed to say naked and we in the same sentence. You know I always put the dog out when you come over.

Stefan said...

Wow...all the way to 8:30 pm. Isn't that kind of late? Can I bring a cot or lounge chair?

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Or I can wake you up when I get home.

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet clearance
abercrombie outlet
toms outlet
michael kors uk outlet
ugg outlet
ugg outlet
ugg boots
burberry sunglasses
cheap replica watches
uggs outlet
nike store uk
rolex watches for sale
the north face jacket
police sunglasses for men
polo ralph lauren
longchamp pas cher
cheap uggs
adidas nmd
michael kors outlet
longchamp pliage
toms outlet
ugg boots clearance
lululemon pants
longchamp outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
vans outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet store
mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
nike air max 90
ysl outlet
ralph lauren pas cher
air max 90
lululemon outlet
polo ralph lauren
czq20160808

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter