Saturday, May 9, 2009

Backfire

Tweet This


These pictures are from are trip to Lake Tahoe last summer. When we got our timeshare, we were like, "great no surfing what on Earth are we going to do in Lake Tahoe?"

But it turns out, we had a great time. We went river rafting, swimming, stand up paddle boarding (I could not even believe how off the charts fun that was!) and of course fishing, complete with fishing licenses for Stefan and I.

However, every time we went fishing we didn't catch any fish. Which is fine, because we had money for food and we weren't relying on fish for dinner.

So while no one on the trip ever caught a fish, I was the only one who managed to lose a fish.

My favorite part of fishing is casting. The lake the boys are fishing in the pictures was for kids 16 and under. It was hot and there wasn't much to do. So every now and then, out of sheer boredom, I'd grab Gio's fishing pole, and cast his line, which had a plastic fish attached to the end of it.

Apparently I got a bit carried away with my casting because on one cast, the plastic fish, Gio's beloved plastic fish, came off the line and went "plop" in the lake.

"Mommy got get my fish!" exclaims Gio.

He didn't say please, but I couldn't really insist on manners in an emergency like this. Not one I was so obviously and completely responsible for, anyways.

"Baby, Mommy can't go get the fish, because this isn't a swimming kind of lake," I say in my defense, as well as horror. The thought of sticking my toe in that water was freaking me inside out.

"Well, then go to time out," says Gio.


4 comments:

EndofTired said...

He is such a smart boy.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah it's working against us.

pikaki said...

What wholesome activities. :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Are you still drunk?

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter