Thursday, September 3, 2009

Birds That Read

Tweet This


The other day Gio and I had lunch with one of our favorite friends. Gio was entertaining himself by reading his lunch.

"Mmmm iiiii llllll Kkkkk," says Gio. "Milk!"

"He's sounding out words!" she says in surprise.

"Yeah," I say unenthusiastically.

I'm not so much surprised by his beginning reading skills, as I am expectant of them, because we work on that sort of thing. He's been sounding out words for a while, now. And I look forward to the day when he can read his own books over and over and over again, on his own.

I wonder what my friend would think of this Gull's sign reading skills? I know I'm impressed. But this bird probably decended from a long line of readers, just like my boys have.


Birds can read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go gio go!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Exactly!

Stefan said...

This bird is practicing civil disobedience by parking on the sign, on purpose.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter