Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Same Parents 2 Different Fish

Tweet This

Vinny looking in, Gio gazing out.

I love this picture, though I really wanted to crop out those annoying plastic flowers. Hold please, I'm taking a deep breath. Phew. I'm better now.


Let's start again. I love this picture because it demonstrates, the personalities of both of my kids. Who are very different from each other, yet ironically, contain bits and pieces of both my husband and I.

Vinny, staring out into space, is more of an introverted self reflecting type. Gio looking out the window, seeing what's going on in the world, is definitely more of an extrovert.


Vinny is happiest inside with a good book and a good burger. Gio, on the other hand, never has to be talked into going outside to enjoy the great outdoors, and only ever wants to eat desert.

Vinny almost never wants to leave where ever he is. And Gio is usually up for frequent environmental changes.

One thing they both love, though, is a party. With food. And desert.

My job as their parent is to guide them into becoming more of who they really are on a soul level. Sometimes I think the best way to teach my kids to be themselves, is for me, to be myself.

Though at times this concept backfires on me, because it ain't always pretty being me. Especially when I make a mess and have to go back and clean it up.

But I am the only person on the planet, who can BE Me, so I fumble on. Unless, of course, someday they make a movie based on my life story. Then someone else will have to play me. I sure hope she can surf, in freezer water.

5 comments:

Sara said...

NICE post, Wendy!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

thanks S!

EndofTired said...

Love this.

nana/moma said...

Dont feel bad, I have been stumbling thru life from day one. But sometimes I stumble on to some really great things.
I have found that being myself is sometimes difficult for my child and others to understand.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Mom you don't know how much I spend explaining you're a free spirit to other people. A lot. And yes you do stumble on to some great things.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter