Saturday, September 12, 2009

Enjoy Life Now

Tweet This

Soberanes Point. (Photo by Belinda Jasmine)

One of the motto's I live by, but some times forget is: Enjoy life right now, exactly as it is.

Even if the house is a mess.

Or I'm 20 loads behind on laundry.

Or no one can remember to use their inside voice, in the house, EVER.

Or my husband is making fart sounds causing Gio to laugh, while I'm trying to get him to go to sleep.

Or Vinny doesn't want to be in the GATE program because he doesn't want EXTRA homework.

Or the waves are junky, and I brought the wrong surfboard to the beach.

Sometimes I'm so dedicated to mastering life on planet Earth, I easily forget perfection lies in the chaos. And, besides, perfect would be so boring and quiet. After all:

"Life is a journey, not a destination," Ralph Waldo Emerson.

8 comments:

pikaki said...

go get some waves for me girlfren! flat here at trestles this am, must mean its time for me to come home and join you! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

12:35 AM !! AM !! geez you are up late....try the snotty nose joke on them. I'd like to see you do that next time at our therapy sessions. That's it. New music by KISS and you with the snot joke.
It'll "make my day punk"

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Bff I got some waves for you but it was sooooooooooooo ca ca ca cold

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

No punking during massages at least not that sort of punk'd

Stefan said...

yep, the now is in the madness of it all

jeff(taylor900) said...

my dad and mom used to repeat the old zen saying to us over and over 'be here now' .. if we would fall .. or be afraid .. worried about the past or the future.. they would take our face in their hands .. get our full attention .. gently make eye contact and say .. be here now .. i use those 3 words to this day to center myself when my mind wants to take over..

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Wow that is so awesome Jeff! We all take deep breaths together but I'm going to add that to my parenting repetoire

Sara said...

nice...thanks

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter