Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Gio!

Tweet This

Four years ago today, I woke up at two in the morning, to the sound and feeling of breaking water. And I'm not talking about waves, Internet. My labor ended at 9:17am with beautiful a baby boy, Gio, and as every parent knows that's when the real labor (of love) begins.

Though parenting is a lot work, (mild understatement) it's the funnest endeavor I have ever undertaken. But I do wonder, at times, how I'm going to get out of this alive (taking care of myself seems to be key).

Both of my kids have taught me the most important thing in life is, love and being together. The only way to do that is being in the moment. A lot of things that used to be important to me, such as what people think of me, just don't matter anymore.

Well, we're off to celebrate Gio's birthday, and the fact that I never have to be pregnant, again with a movie!









4 comments:

EndofTired said...

Happy birthday, Obi Wan!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah even I think those are some weird pics and I'm his Mommy

Sara said...

Love it! He is SO cute!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

thanks Sara!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter